1st September, 2021 @ 9:00 am
01/09/2021 - 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
In light of the evolving Curriculum landscape with regard to the Australian Curriculum review day 1 of this course will now commence on Sept 1. The dates for this course are now:
- Day 1 – the half day zoom will now be 1 September 9-12.30pm
- Day 2a – Years 7-10 new date Friday 29 October (face to face) 9-12,30pm
- Day 2b – Years F-6 new date (face to face) Wednesday 3 November 9.30 – 3.30pm (face to face)
Effective assessment practices and moderation are crucial “in promoting more consistent and valid teacher judgements about students’ work particularly when aligned with standards and criteria. (Scott, 2016)
This professional learning opportunity invites F-10 leaders and teachers to strengthen their current assessment practices using the Achievement Standards to confirm teacher professional judgements against those standards.
This learning will draw on input from expert assessment researchers to engage with contemporary assessment issues emerging in the current education landscape.
Focus areas will include:
- Quality task design and their power of alignment to learning and teaching cycles
- Effective feedback and annotations
- Effective moderation processes that enhance consistency in teacher judgement
- Exploring quality evidence of student learning in an evolving curriculum landscape
- Opportunities to engage in collaborative moderation
Primary and Secondary specialist educators are encouraged to attend with at least one colleague who also teaches the same learning area to facilitate professional dialogue, consistency of judgement making and collaborative moderation practices.
View the program outline.
Target audience: Leaders and teachers Foundation to Year 10
Delivery mode: Zoom
Desiree Gilbert, AISSA
Rosemary Kadow, AISSA
Sessions in this series (please register for all sessions relevant to your school’s context):
Workshop 1: Held by Zoom, 1 September, 9.00am – 12.30pm
Workshop 2a: (Years 7-10): Face to face, 29 October, 9.00am – 12.30pm
Workshop 2b: (Primary): Face to face, 3 November, 9.00am – 3.30pm
Impact hubs: negotiated with schools
Regional and remote leaders and teachers interested in this program whose participation may be limited due to distance may negotiate bespoke. Please contact either Desiree Gilbert, Rosemary Kadow or Julie Tarzia to discuss options.
Please see the AISSA’s Video Conferencing Collection Notice and Video Conferencing Privacy Disclosure Statement for information about the AISSA’s collection of personal information through video conferencing.
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.