Spotlight Event A – Forum Event: Future Directions in the Recognition of Learning, Learner Profiles, Micro Credentials and the Potential of Digital Passports
20th May, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
20/05/2021 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Spotlight Sessions: New Credentials and Paths to Tertiary Study
- How might schools broaden the definition of school success to recognise learning both with and beyond an ATAR?
- Can a Learner Profile approach enhance and recognise a broader range of student capacities that enable engagement with post school pathways?
- In 2021, how far have we come?
The AISSA has continued to pay close attention to the evolving national landscape with regard to tertiary pathways and the implications for schools and curriculum authorities as they consider future directions in recognising student success with and beyond the ATAR.
Teachers and leaders are invited to these 2021 events to hear from a range of experts and first movers who will share their insights, innovations and future directions.
Spotlight Event A Expert Panel:
- Dr Richard Owens, Mastery Transcript Consortium Australian Hub Lead
- Dr Peter Thomas, Director, HaileyburyX
- Dr Asheley Jones, Chief Operations Officer Head of Product DeakinCo, Deakin University
- A/Professor Sandra Milligan, Director of the Assessment Research Centre (ARC) University of Melbourne and Co- Convenor Learner Creates
- Professor Martin Westwell, Chief Executive SACE Board.
Target audience: Principals, school leaders and teachers
Delivery mode: Zoom
Expert Panel Members
Julie Tarzia, AISSA
Please see the AISSA’s Video Conferencing Collection Notice and Video Conferencing Privacy Disclosure Statement for information about the AISSA’s collection of personal information through video conferencing.
A Zoom link will be sent closer to the event.
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.