30th March, 2021 @ 9:00 am
30/03/2021 - 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
The program is based on a cultural evolution and innovation framework that integrates adaptive cultures, strategic foresight and innovation, as a means to support cultural development in schools. This program has been designed to support the intentional development of cultures that enable each school to develop a pathway towards their desired/ aspirational state.
Comprised of six action learning modules, each including two central ideas informed by research, case studies and practice, the program is designed to support leaders to build a flexible and ever-evolving adaptive culture in their school. Each workshop contains specific learnings and suggested actions to assist the leadership group to build and maintain momentum during their unique change journey.
Deliberately crafted to guide leaders and orientate their cultural evolution journey, the framework is flexible and honours the unique context of every learning environment.
The series enables school leaders to create momentum, amplify leadership impact and explore, evolve and transform learning communities at a contextually suitable speed.
Participating schools will undertake a session of individual cultural diagnosis, analysis and coaching with David. Mary Hudson will be available to work with teams to maintain momentum between sessions.
David Runge has been an educator for the past 20 years. He is passionate about self-authorship and co-constructed education, and imagines a world of purpose-filled, empowered learning. With extensive knowledge in foresight, scenario planning, culture and innovation, David has worked alongside schools, Universities, and Education Departments to implement innovation and enable change. He is committed to supporting organisations to evolve so that they are more adaptive and future focused and therefore better able to meet the needs of their communities.
- Exploring the Adaptive Cultures framework
- Leading and enabling an Adaptive Culture Pulling the levers of cultural evolution
- An ambition for transformation
Committing to the Journey:
- Amplifying the case for change
- Enablers and inhibitors of transformation
- Staying the course-the commitment imperative Packing for the cultural journey.
Aligning Strategy and Purpose:
- Emerging issues – shaping the future
- Crafting a compelling transformation narrative
- Design principles to empower your cultural evolution
- Integrating vision, strategy, and purpose
Envisioning Aspirational Culture:
- Strategy and culture…the powerful relationship
- Moving towards more evolved cultural states Enculturating transformational aspiration
- Micro interventions to develop transformational capacity
A Culture Snapshot:
- Interpreting evidence of the current cultural state
- Surfacing world-views and assumptions beneath behaviours
- What is important, celebrated and rewarded?
- The impact of cultural stories and myths
Pulling Cultural Levers:
- Realising the aspirational strategy
- The sophistication of “showing up” differently
- Relationships a key to unlocking emerging culture
- The final building blocks: strategies, processes, structures
Principals, Deputy Principals, Heads of Department, Heads of School, school leadership teams., participants from past Leading Innovation and Change programs, ALab, Meta-praxis and Cultures of Thinking Projects.
David Runge, Director of Culture and Innovation – Adaptive Edge
Mary Hudson, Director Leadership Institute & Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Deb Virgo.
Bookings are closed for this event.