9th September, 2022 @ 9:00 am
09/09/2022 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Oral language, phonological awareness and print awareness are the foundations upon which literacy is built. For some students with a language disability, difficulty, or delay, their access to the curriculum may be impacted. This series of two, three-hour workshops will equip school and ELC leaders and teachers to:
- further develop knowledge of typical and non-typical early literacy and language development
- identify the literacy and language proficiencies, needs and development of all students, particularly those with communication difficulties
- consider effective and proactive planning and teaching strategies and environments
- monitor and respond to student progress
- develop and use rubrics supporting an intentional language focus for students with diverse communication needs within the Australian Curriculum and Early Years Learning Framework.
Sessions in this series:
24 June, 9.00am – 12.00pm
9 September, 9.00am – 12.00pm
Target audience – Teachers and curriculum leaders ELC – Year 2
Delivery mode – face to face
Presenters – Stephi West, Speech Pathologist and Melissa Symonds, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.