6th May, 2022 @ 9:00 am
06/05/2022 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Day 1: This full day workshop, hosted by the AISSA and presented by external psychologists Kerry Burke and Lisa Chisholm, will explore student behaviour through a developmental lens. The workshop will focus on:
- social and emotional development
- effects of trauma and adverse life events
- supportive classroom practice and strategies for both typically developing students and those requiring additional supports.
Day 2: This full day workshop will focus on proactive systems and supports promoting best outcomes when considering difficult and challenging behaviours.
Topics covered include:
- whole-school strategies regarding planning for students experiencing difficult and challenging behaviour, particularly students with disability
- introduction to positive behaviour support
- introduction to observation, including functional behavioural analysis
- individual behaviour support plans.
Participants will increase their capacity to understand and apply relevant approaches, proactively supporting positive behaviours in specific school contexts.
Sessions in this series:
6 May, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
21 October, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Target audience – school leaders and coordinators, ELC directors, inclusive education leaders and staff leading school-wide approaches to behaviour
Delivery mode – face to face
Presenters – Kerry Burke and Lisa Chisholm, Psychologists, and Melissa Symonds, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
Bookings are closed for this event.