Overview of the EAL/D Progression: Ensuring Inclusive and Rigorous Engagement Within the Australian Curriculum for Teachers New to EAL/D
30th October, 2020 @ 9:00 am
30/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This event is fully booked
You are welcome to email Rae Dawkins to be placed on a waitlist.
This one-day workshop will assist teachers in responding to the Australian Curriculum’s EAL/D Progression and supporting materials as they plan for the engagement of EAL/D students within their classroom. Topics covered include:
- a general overview of language development in school-age students
- overview and use of the Australian Curriculum’s EAL/D Progression in determining language proficiency and monitoring language learning (with a focus on the Writing mode for the purposes of the session)
- use of the Australian Curriculum’s EAL/D resources to support planning for effective and inclusive practice.
Participants are requested to bring:
- two de-identified writing samples (the same task) reflecting a genre or writing task they would commonly teach. Where possible, the samples would be provided by EAL/D students, with one below standard and one at or above. If teachers wish to bring a digital copy, please note that they must be able to annotate the piece of writing (e.g. consider if able to use a highlighting tool)
- a copy or draft of a lesson plan with a writing focus (paper or digital).
*Please note neither document will be shared with others in attendance unless participants do so voluntarily.
Classroom teachers new to teaching or with minimal experience teaching EAL/D students.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the AISSA is required to enforce set limits on the number of attendees for this event based on social distancing and maximum density rules. To secure your place please complete the registration as attendance at the AISSA office without a confirmed place may result in being turned away if the event is at capacity.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
Bookings are closed for this event.