23rd February, 2022 @ 3:45 pm
23/02/2022 - 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm
Carefully designed induction processes enable Early Career Teachers (ECTs) to successfully navigate their first years. The effectiveness of induction programs increases as the range of supports and strategies provided increase, with the best induction programs including practice-focused mentoring, leadership contact, participation in collaborative networks, targeted professional learning, observation and reflection on teaching, practical information and time allocation.
Of all the induction strategies available, practice-focused mentoring, by one or more expert colleagues, is particularly powerful in supporting the transition of a teacher from the Graduate to Proficient career stage.
The 2022 program is intentionally aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. It will provide ongoing professional learning, growth and support to the ECT, in addition to specific sessions that will equip their mentor to build rigour into this important role. ECTs and their mentors will undertake micro-projects focused on key learning goals, between sessions.
These two streams of professional activity will be carefully designed to foster an ongoing professional relationship between the ECT and mentor and will blend face to face learning with videoconferencing through the use of Zoom.
- ECTs will feel supported and successful in:
- establishing positive learning environments
- the crafting and implementation of effective teaching
- their identity and participation as professionals in their school community and
- gathering evidence of their practice aligned to the Proficient career stage to meet the requirements for full registration with the SA TRB.
- Mentors will grow in their mentoring skills and confidence to support and guide their ECT and may align their practice to the Highly Accomplished or Lead career stage.
- Reciprocal professional relationships will grow between the ECT and their mentor.
Registrations have now closed for this program.
|Early Career Teachers||Mentors|
|23 February, 3.45 pm- 4.45 pm (Zoom)||23 February, 3.45 pm- 4.45 pm (Zoom)|
|11 March, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm (face to face)||11 March, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm (face to face)|
|10 June, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm (face to face)||15 June, 3.45 pm – 4.45 pm (Zoom)|
|7 September, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm (face to face)||8 September, 3.45 pm – 4.45 pm (Zoom)|
|11 November, 9.00 am – 1.00 pm (face to face)||11 November, 9.00 am – 1.00 pm (face to face)|
Target audience – aspiring, middle and senior leaders and leadership teams
Delivery mode – face to face (venue TBA) and Zoom (links will be sent closer to each event)
Presenters – Desiree Gilbert, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA and Lynda Secombe, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.