8th May, 2020 @ 10:00 am
08/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
These sessions will be offered via Zoom. Registered attendees will be sent an access link closer to the event to the sessions as below:
- Session 1 for leaders and teachers F-Year 6: 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Session 2 for leaders and teachers Years 7–10 : 12.30 pm – 2.30 pm
What are the Progressions? How can we optimise their use in schools to support student learning and monitor growth?
The National Literacy and Numeracy Learning progressions were developed to
… better assist teachers to identify and address individual student needs according to the expected skills and growth in student learning at key progress points from the early years through high school, given the evidence of the spread of student achievement within any classroom. (Education Council 2015, National STEM School Education Strategy, p. 9)
This workshop will engage curriculum and pedagogical leaders of learning (Foundation to Year 10) in an investigation of the most recent version of the National Literacy and Numeracy Learning Progressions (NLNLP) and their multiple uses for classroom and specialist teachers and students in primary and secondary contexts.
Participants will investigate how the Progressions can be used to:
- facilitate a shared professional understanding of student’s expected literacy and numeracy development
- identify the literacy and numeracy knowledge that enables students to access content across learning areas
- locate the current literacy and numeracy development of students
- identify where to next for students in their literacy and numeracy development
- inform and intentionally plan learning and teaching
- inform student feedback and student goal setting.
Curriculum and Pedagogical Leaders and Specialist teachers from Foundation to Year 10.
Bookings are closed for this event.