25th August, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
25/08/2020 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
1. Reflections – Early Years Language and Literacy Development: Providing Optimal Opportunity for Growth event on 12 August 2020
In the first part of the session educators who attended this event (presented by speech pathologist Stephi West) will reflect upon some of the key messages that Stephi shared during the session with particular attention to:
- further develop knowledge of early literacy and language development
- identify the literacy and language proficiencies, needs and development of students
- consider effective and proactive planning and teaching strategies and environments
- monitor and respond to student progress
2. Exploring the building blocks of number – and creating mathematically rich learning environments
In the second half of the session participants will engage in a professional dialogue with Desiree Gilbert (Senior Educational Consultant at AISSA) focussed on numeracy and mathematics in the early years learning environment. Specifically, we will explore concepts of matching, comparing, sorting and ordering as the building blocks for developing deep number understanding and as essential first steps in supporting students to become successful and confident mathematicians. There will be opportunity to pose questions and share practices with colleagues as Desiree leads thought provoking conversations about what is possible when planning authentic learning environments that are mathematically rich and purposeful.
Early Childhood and Foundation Leaders, Teachers and Educators.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the AISSA is required to enforce set limits on the number of attendees for this event based on social distancing and maximum density rules. To secure your place please complete the registration as attendance at the AISSA office without a confirmed place may result in being turned away if the event is at capacity.
For registration enquiries including Zoom options please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
Bookings are closed for this event.