Early Childhood Educators’ Network Meeting 1: Demonstrating and Assessing Exceeding National Quality Standard
2nd March, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
02/03/2021 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
In 2021, the Early Childhood Educators’ network will focus on and provide opportunities to:
- collaborate and engage in professional discussions on current and emerging issues, at local and national levels
- inform the development of policies and directions
- provide a collaborative forum for questions and sharing of best practice for ongoing professional learning
- network with interested early childhood professionals
- respond to current research for future thinking and decision making relating to matters in early childhood education
These meetings will draw on the deep wisdom and rich experiences based in all educational approaches including Reggio Emilia, Steiner and Montessori, as well as faith-based beliefs that underpin a range of approaches. Through collaborative research, engagement in learning focused conversations and sharing professional practices we will respond to provocations from a range of educational resources, frameworks and curriculums.
Term 1 learning focus: Demonstrating and Assessing Exceeding National Quality Standard
Presenters: Jane Bilberry and Melissa Thompson, Senior Authorised Officers, Education Standards Board
We welcome in this session Senior Authorised Officers from the Education Standards Board, Jane Bilberry and Melissa Thompson will be presenting at our first network meeting in 2021. This informative and collaborative session will provide opportunity to:
- engage in rich dialogue to deepen knowledge and understanding in about what the three Exceeding themes might look like in practice, and across different service contexts.
- receive information on the updated Exceeding NQS guidance.
- explore new resources have been developed for both the sector and state and territory authorised officers.
Target audience: Early Learning Centre Directors/Coordinators
Delivery mode: face to face
If you would like to attend these sessions by Zoom, please register on the AISSA website and then email Rae Dawkins to advise.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the AISSA is required to enforce set limits on the number of attendees for this event based on social distancing and maximum density rules. To secure your place please complete the registration as attendance at the AISSA office without a confirmed place may result in being turned away if the event is at capacity.
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away
This event is fully booked.