20th May, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
20/05/2021 - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
These meetings will focus on a range of local and national current issues and topics that relate to the early childhood sector. ELC Directors and Coordinators will come together to collaborate and discuss their roles and responsibilities as highly regarded leaders in their field of expertise.
In 2021, the Early Childhood Directors’ network will provide opportunities to:
- respond to state and national legislation and associated regulations
- consider effective strategies and approaches in relation to the assessment and rating of services
- explore effective ways to self-assess and promote excellence in the delivery of early childhood education and demonstrate continual quality improvement
- access resources on quality programs, practices and policies in early childhood education
Term 2 meeting focus: Inclusive Practices in the Early Years
Presenter: Melissa Symonds (AISSA Senior Educational Consultant)
This session will explore strategies to build the capacity of ELC staff to cater more effectively for students with diverse needs, including:
- How early identification of children with special needs can be made
- How early childhood educators can be best supported to implement early intervention strategies
Target audience: Early Learning Centre Directors/Coordinators
Delivery mode: face to face
If you would like to attend these sessions by Zoom, please register on the AISSA website and then email Rae Dawkins to advise.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the AISSA is required to enforce set limits on the number of attendees for this event based on social distancing and maximum density rules. To secure your place please complete the registration as attendance at the AISSA office without a confirmed place may result in being turned away if the event is at capacity.
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away
Bookings are closed for this event.