An Education Worth Having: Supporting First Nations Students to Navigate the Senior Secondary Years of Schooling
24th May, 2023 @ 9:00 am
24/05/2023 - 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
In 2023 AISSA is offering an improvement program which will explore how schools can best support First Nations students to successfully navigate the senior secondary years of schooling. The program will enable schools to undertake a structured process of evaluation and bring together the collective knowledge of the sector and community to design and develop pathways forward and measure impact.
Areas for exploration include:
- supporting First Nations students to transition into the senior secondary years of schooling
- drawing on cultural knowledge and competency to demonstrate learning
- successful approaches to SACE attainment
- exploring pathways for First Nations students
- gaining a deeper understanding of student support strategies
- SACE Board Aboriginal education strategies and
- enhancing cultural competence in the teaching workforce.
It is anticipated that this program will build the professional capital of the independent sector and lead to the development of case studies to be included on the AISSA website. This program will comprise three face-to-face workshops with in-school follow up support.
This is a series. By registering you are committing to attending the following sessions:
24 May, 9.00am – 12.30pm
15 August, 9.00am – 12.30pm
8 November, 9.00am – 12.30pm
Audience: leaders, teachers and educators responsible for First Nations students.
Delivery mode: face to face
Presenters: Aleida Mabarrack, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA, and supported by AISSA Senior Educational Consultants, schools and guest presenters.
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.
Bookings are closed for this event.