Webinar series: Learning and Assessment Solutions in an Online Environment – Microsoft Teams – Day 2: 20 May 2020
20th May, 2020 @ 3:45 pm
20/05/2020 - 3:45 pm - 5:15 pm
Educator and UTB technology expert Adrian Francis will present this session in collaboration with AISSA key staff.
In this two-part series, participants will learn how to use a range of digital tools to enable powerful learning and assessment. They will explore and apply key instructional design principles to create innovative solutions that allow teachers to work more efficiently whilst engaging with effective online pedagogical practices. This session will assist teachers in the current environment and beyond.
Participants will engage with practical digital tools that:
- Explore techniques for designing and documenting a range of tasks in an online environment
- Support implementation of a variety of formative and summative assessments that provide timely feedback to students and inform instruction
- Enable students to demonstrate understanding
- Capture evidence of collaboration between peers and teachers
- Facilitate communication of achievement and engagement of learners.
Required materials: Current assessment tasks and/or a unit of learning
Session 1 Friday 1 May, 2.00pm – 3.30pm
In this session participants will learn how to:
- Use tools that facilitate online collaboration, discussion, co-design and sharing of ideas
- Capture, document and manage quality evidence of learning in multi-modal ways including virtual/digital portfolios and the creation of interactive/live content.
- Use formative assessment and feedback tools that feed learning forward ie self-marking forms, online quizzes, surveys
- Track and analyse progress and achievement including the use of built in learning analytics
- Use tools for scaffolding learning and differentiation
- Enhance and communicate engagement, agency, achievement and growth.
Session 2 Wednesday 20 May, 3.45pm – 5.15pm
In session 2, participants refine and continue to deepen their knowledge. This will include:
- Tools that facilitate assessment and evidence gathering of online collaboration
- Techniques for assessment of practical tasks, supervised tasks and investigations
- Techniques that enhance reliability and validity of assessment practices
- Tools and methods for assuring summative assessment integrity
- Online tools that assist teacher collaboration for a range of purposes including planning and moderation
Bookings are closed for this event.