21st June, 2022 @ 9:00 am
21/06/2022 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Since 2014, the AISSA has supported national HALT certification in South Australia in conjunction with Catholic Education South Australia and the Department for Education under the South Australian Teacher Certification Committee (SATCC) – the certifying authority in South Australia. Certification provides a high quality, nationally consistent approach to identifying and certifying teachers in accordance with the advanced career stages of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST).
- recognises and promotes quality teaching
- provides an opportunity for teachers to reflect on their practice
- provides a reliable indication of quality teaching to support professional growth and recognise high performing teachers.
The AISSA facilitates the assessment process of all HALT applications in the Independent sector in South Australia using nationally trained assessors from AISSA schools. Leaders who are interested in becoming an assessor can contact Mary Pickett for more information.
To achieve certification as a HALT, applicants are required to:
- have support and endorsement from their Principal
- engage in professional learning that involves reflecting on their own practice and self and peer review
- demonstrate an understanding of what quality teaching is based on the advanced career stages of the APST and the Classroom Practice Continuum.
- prepare an annotated collection of evidence of practice at the HALT career stage which demonstrates achievement of the Standards and their impact on student outcomes and the practice of colleagues.
A series of three workshops is offered each semester to support applicants understand the requirements of the process and how to collect, curate and annotate evidence of practice at the HALT career stage. Applicants are required to complete all three workshops in sequence within a 12-month timeframe.
In-school information sessions, advice and support are also provided for leaders and mentors with a potential central workshop in 2022.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Workshop A: 10 March, 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm (Zoom)||Workshop A: 2 August, 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm (Zoom)|
|Workshop B: 29 April, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (face to face)||Workshop B: 23 August, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (face to face)|
|Workshop C: 21 June, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (face to face)||Workshop C: 13 October, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (face to face)|
Target audience – aspiring Highly Accomplished or Lead Teachers (HALT) – applicants must have their Principal’s endorsement and meet eligibility and suitability requirements
Delivery mode – face to face and Zoom
Presenters – Mary Pickett, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
Bookings are closed for this event.