12th September, 2023 @ 9:00 am
12/09/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This session is now full.
Being able to navigate complex conversations is an area of skill, situated within a clear understanding of context and with the aim of achieving constructive solutions where everyone feels heard and respected.
Facilitated by Growth Coaching International, this practical and interactive one day program builds on coaching fundamentals to support participants with a conversational approach to develop skills in undertaking challenging conversations.
Participants will explore:
- preconditions to giving and receiving feedback effectively
- strategies for bringing emotional intelligence to interactions that ensure trust, self-esteem and respectful relationships remain intact
- skills that support challenging conversations including listening, questioning, and clarifying
- personal triggers that can cause stress and emotional responses, and strategies for managing these in difficult moments
- typical workplace scenarios requiring honest, courageous feedback
- structures for managing difficult conversations which have been modelled and practiced in relation to real life workplace issues
- practicing conversations and developing a plan to support colleagues in implementing strategies.
Audience: school leaders, middle leaders, in-school mentors and coaches
Delivery mode: face to face
Presenters: Growth Coaching International
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.
Bookings are closed for this event.