25th August, 2022 @ 9:30 am
25/08/2022 - 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
These half-day workshops will provide access to information, skills and understandings on what effective leading looks/sounds like in early childhood contexts. Keys focus areas include:
- leading self (emotional intelligence)
- effective feedback
- effective listening and paraphrasing
- leading change.
This series of four sessions will focus on developing the leadership capacity of early childhood leaders (ELC – Year 2) seeking the opportunity to build on their professional knowledge base and skills as leaders. Key areas include:
- reviewing and discussing leadership capabilities and competencies that support early childhood educators to lead effectively.
- exploring different leadership styles to create and sustain high-quality learning environments through leading self and leading others.
- considering and discussing the benefits and impact of critical reflection in relation to their own leadership behaviour and practices, and how leaders influence the environment around them.
- engaging in small groups to discuss and share ideas in response to provocations including, ‘leadership is a journey of joint inquiry, exploration and reflection’.
- discussing and posing questions in response to information shared during the workshop.
- developing professional goals for ongoing development and learning in a leadership capacity.
Kate Mount will be the guest presenter in the Term 3 workshop.
3 March, 9.30 am – 12.00 pm
2 June, 9.30 am – 12.00 pm
25 August, 9.30 am – 12.00 pm
17 November, 9.30 am – 12.00 pm
Target audience – educators ELC – year 2
Delivery mode – face to face
Presenters – Libby Worrell, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
Bookings are closed for this event.