Early Childhood Educators’ Network Meeting 2: Mathematics in the Early Years is Everywhere! How can we draw on our prior and new knowledge and our senses to find it?
8th June, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
08/06/2021 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
In 2021, the Early Childhood Educators’ network will focus on and provide opportunities to:
- collaborate and engage in professional discussions on current and emerging issues, at local and national levels
- inform the development of policies and directions
- provide a collaborative forum for questions and sharing of best practice for ongoing professional learning
- network with interested early childhood professionals
- respond to current research for future thinking and decision making relating to matters in early childhood education
These meetings will draw on the deep wisdom and rich experiences based in all educational approaches including Reggio Emilia, Steiner and Montessori, as well as faith-based beliefs that underpin a range of approaches. Through collaborative research, engagement in learning focused conversations and sharing professional practices we will respond to provocations from a range of educational resources, frameworks and curriculums.
Term 2 learning focus: Mathematics in the Early Years is Everywhere! How can we draw on our prior and new knowledge and our senses to find it?
Presenter: Desiree Gilbert, AISSA Senior Educational Consultant
We are delighted to advise that Desiree Gilbert will guide and ignite our mathematical thinking in a hands-on session where we will:
- build the capacity of educators to recognise and respond to rich and meaningful opportunities in young children’s everyday play experiences using mathematical concepts and contexts
- create environments for children to resource their own mathematical thinking and learning through connecting with people, place, and natural materials
- explore ways young children can use curiosity to make specific connections using mathematical thinking and language.
Target audience: Early Learning Centre Directors/Coordinators
Delivery mode: face to face
If you would like to attend these sessions by Zoom, please register on the AISSA website and then email Rae Dawkins to advise.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the AISSA is required to enforce set limits on the number of attendees for this event based on social distancing and maximum density rules. To secure your place please complete the registration as attendance at the AISSA office without a confirmed place may result in being turned away if the event is at capacity.
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away