28th June, 2023 @ 9:00 am
28/06/2023 - 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Literature’s transformative power makes it a valuable resource for teaching and learning and especially building vital literacy skills.
Brightpath: Next Steps creates the opportunity to further develop and nurture students’ writing skills through quality Australian children’s literature with a focus on language, storytelling, character, and the creative process.
This professional learning opportunity provides Learning Leaders the unique opportunity to work with fellow professionals to improve children and young peoples’ writing and reading through children’s literature.
Course materials will be provided in a digital format and accessed through a secure digital platform (Sharepoint) managed by the Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia (AISWA).
Course materials comprise:
- Resource booklets
- Video interviews and four case studies (which could be replicated at your school)
- video interviews with leading Australian authors – Mark Greenwood and Frane Lessac
- Course work booklets
- All slides and presenters’ notes
Participants are requested to check their school library and bring a copy of any of the following Australian children’s literature texts to the course:
- Hey Jack! The Top Team, written by Sally Rippin and illustrated by Stephanie Spartels
- History Mysteries series, Diamond Jack, written by Mark Greenwood
- Midnight, The story of a light horse, written by Mark Greenwood and illustrated by Frane Lessac
- Toad Rage written by Morris Gleitzman
- The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan
The Watertower, written by Gary Crew and illustrated by Steven Woolman
After completing this train-the-trainer course, participants can present and share the materials within their school.
Schools are recommended to register two learning leaders to support the implementation of Brightpath: Next Steps within and across their school.
For the purpose of accessing the digital course materials registrants email details will be provided by AISSA to AISWA.
Audience: schools implementing Brightpath
Delivery mode: face to face
Presenter: Rosemary Kadow, Senior Educational Consultant, AISSA
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.
Bookings are closed for this event.