20th August, 2020 @ 9:45 am
20/08/2020 - 9:45 am - 11:45 am
Session 2 Focus: Courageous conversations – how can emerging leaders further develop the necessary skills to engage in courageous conversations in every day practices?
Participants will explore as to why courageous conversations are often avoided, even when it is recognised that they are desperately needed through developing a deeper understanding in the following key areas:
- Relational trust and why it is fundamental to courageous conversations.
- Open, authentic and truthful dialogues and how they contribute to building effective learning communities
- Why preparation is essential when conducting difficult conversations in respectful and trusting environments.
- Guiding questions and how they support deep engagement in professional dialogue and courageous conversations.
- Effective ways of listening to others
- The role of paraphrasing
Early Childhood and OSHC emerging Leaders.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the AISSA is required to enforce set limits on the number of attendees for this event based on social distancing and maximum density rules. To secure your place please complete the registration as attendance at the AISSA office without a confirmed place may result in being turned away if the event is at capacity.
For registration enquiries please contact Rae Dawkins.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
Bookings are closed for this event.