11th June, 2020 @ 9:30 am
11/06/2020 - 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This new professional learning opportunity is designed to support leadership teams interrogate their NAPLAN student achievement data at a deeper level, and to plan for action arising from this interrogation during 2020.
Participants will be guided through a data investigation involving classification, analysis, interrogation, validation and inferencing. This process will support participants to:
- ‘connect the dots’ between data sets
- reveal insights and patterns
- synthesise the data into meaningful information (data story) and design a prototype data-informed action plan
- implement the plan throughout 2020.
A commitment to this project includes attendance at professional learning workshops, data clinics and undertaking and implementing planning to turn data into action and improvement.
Data clinics, as a school-based community of practice, facilitate the sharing of expertise and opportunities to provide feedback and consider ways forward. Data Clinic dates will be negotiated with individual schools. They will take place either at the school or at AISSA.
Pre-requisite: Knowledge and experience in using the NAPLAN Analysis Tool (NAPLAN paper and online schools) and the Student and School Summary Report (SSSR) (online schools only) are essential.
Participants are required to:
- have downloaded their school’s NAPLAN Analysis Tool v1.4 and have access to the ‘Tool’s’ unique password for their school (paper and online schools)
- have downloaded the SSSR and have access to their unique school PIN and relevant grid card (online schools only).
Participants are encouraged to bring other student achievement data (e.g. ACER PAT Maths and PAT Reading). This may be used to triangulate and validate data stories across achievement sources.
Principals, School Leaders, Directors of Learning and Teaching, Curriculum Coordinators and NAPLAN Coordinators F to 12.
Registration for this three-day series will incur a fee of $300.00 plus GST per participant. Participants are required to register for all sessions in the series and may not attend single days:
Dates and times
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.