26th March, 2019 @ 10:00 am
26/03/2019 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The OSHC Educators’ Network is structured for OSHC leaders and educators from our member schools to engage collaboratively in ways which invigorate and enrich practice. It provides a forum for provocation and discussion and facilitates a community of practice approach to ongoing professional learning. Implementing the My Time Our Place Framework and the National Quality Standard, participants will have the opportunity to visit and tour OSHC services and engage in rich group discussions relating to current research on educational theories and practices, focused topics and other questions and issues raised.
This second meeting for 2019 will focus on ‘Documenting Children’s Learning and Development’. This is in response to our highly successful first meeting in February, facilitated by guest speakers from the Education Standards Board. This session will be a forum for educators to continue the professional conversations and questions raised in the first session. We will explore what it means when educators recognise a moment of significant learning or a learning opportunity for a child, and the professional judgments educators may make in response to the learning observed.
- Share current practices and examples of documentation developed and implemented in our OSHC services.
- Analyse effective ways to collect rich and meaningful information on every child’s development.
- Explore the processes of documenting children’s learning and discuss why it will be different in each individual OSHC setting.
- Using current documentation from their OSHC settings, identify one area in the new Exceeding Themes to investigate deeply, and develop strategies to go ‘beyond’.
- Collaborate with others in professional dialogue to pose questions, share ideas and thinking about ‘next steps’ for ongoing improvement.
Libbey Worrell, AISSA
Registration for this event will incur a fee of $20 (GST inclusive) per participant. This fee is invoiced after the event and is payable even if you do not attend on the day as AISSA will still incur cost. If notice of cancellation is received before 19/03/2019 the fee will be waived.
Venue for this session to be advised.
For all registration enquiries please contact Sandy Cross