28th July, 2020 @ 9:30 am
28/07/2020 - 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Ministers have agreed that all schools will transition to the online mode of NAPLAN by 2021. In order to ensure readiness for the online environment, all schools yet to transition are required to participate in the SRT in Term 3 during weeks 5 and 6 (SRT dates to be confirmed at a national level).
The SRT simulates a NAPLAN test experience for NAPLAN Coordinators, teachers administering the test and students undertaking the test in the online platform. The purpose of the SRT is to support schools ascertain their readiness for NAPLAN online, specifically in the areas of:
- scheduling of sessions and managing of testing logistics
- ensuring sufficient technical capacity
- supporting teachers and student readiness.
The training day will provide insight into the assessment platform and will equip NAPLAN Coordinators to complete readiness activities and train their school-based test administrators.
Pre workshop preparation
Each participant is required to:
- bring a charged, internet enabled, wireless device that complies with the NAPLAN online testing specifications
- download and install onto their device the most recent version of the National Assessment Program locked down browser.
It is recommended that a NAPLAN Coordinator attend with a teacher who will undertake the role of test administrator. Larger schools may send more than one NAPLAN Coordinator, in the place of a test administrator.
NAPLAN Coordinators and key support staff.
Participants may attend one of the three available sessions.
There is no on-site parking available. For parking options please refer to the parking map. Tram stop #1 Greenhill Road is a 6-minute walk away.
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Metelmann.