29th August, 2019 @ 9:30 am
29/08/2019 - 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Meeting Focus – Effective leadership is vital to the success of education in the early years. This session will focus on developing leadership capacity for early childhood educators seeking opportunity to build on their professional knowledge base and skills as emerging leaders.
Scope of Session – In this session participants will:
- Review and discuss leadership capabilities that support early childhood educators to lead effectively.
- Explore ways to create and sustain high-quality learning environments through leading self and leading others.
- Consider and discuss the benefits and impact of critical reflection in relation to their own leadership behaviour and practices, and how they influence the environment around them.
- Engage in small groups to discuss and share ideas in response to provocations including, ‘leadership is a journey of joint inquiry, exploration and reflection’.
- Discuss and pose questions in response to information shared during the workshop.
- Develop professional goals for ongoing development and learning in a leadership capacity.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
6.4 Advocate, participate in and lead strategies to support high-quality professional learning opportunities for colleagues that focus on improved student learning.
7.1 Model exemplary ethical behaviour and exercise informed judgements in all professional dealings with students, colleagues and the community.
National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care
4.2.1 Management, educators and staff work with mutual respect and collaboratively, and challenge and learn from each other, recognising each other’s strengths and skills.
7.2 Effective leadership builds and promotes a positive organisational culture and professional learning community.
Bookings are closed for this event.