Centre of Excellence
The AISSA Centre of Excellence & Innovation in Teaching & Learning fosters imaginative and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
The aims are to:
- Explore and promote innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Provide school leaders with a forum to explore innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Undertake research that will assist member schools to build a reputation as institutions of excellence in teaching and learning
- Disseminate information on world class approaches to teaching and learning
- Establish and maintain networks with other Centres of Excellence and Innovation in Australia and overseas.
Centre of Excellence Events Held During 2012
- AISSA Conference held October 2009 'Quality Teachers Make THE Difference!'
- 2010 AISSA CONFERENCE: CONNECTING TODAY WITH TOMORROW - IMPLICATIONS FOR THE MILLENNIUM LEARNER
AISSA Conference held October 2009 'Quality Teachers Make THE Difference!'
The Conference covered primary and secondary teaching and learning with the focus on the quality teacher having a major impact on student learning. A key aim of the Conference was to acknowledge and celebrate teachers as professionals. The audience included principals, curriculum leaders and teachers.
The attached documents are the papers provided by the Keynote Speakers and a number of the individual workshop presenters.
Microsoft PowerPoint - Debra Masters keynote.pdf
Microsoft PowerPoint - Neville Highett Conference Wrap Up.pdf
Microsoft PowerPoint - Steve Dinham's AISSA 09 Leadership.pdf
Prof Peter Hoj Opening Speech 6Oct09.pdf
You can't Teach a thing.. if you Ain't Got that Zing! workshop SA Links.doc
Planning and teaching successful units of inquiry R-6 - Kath Murdoch's presentation.pdf
2010 AISSA CONFERENCE: CONNECTING TODAY WITH TOMORROW - IMPLICATIONS FOR THE MILLENNIUM LEARNER
The 2010 AISSA Conference was held on Thursday, 5 August 2010 and Friday, 6 August 2010 at the National Wine Centre, Corner Botanic and Hackney Roads, Adelaide.
The attached documents are the papers provided by the Keynote Speakers and a number of the individual workshop presenters
AISSA 2010 Conference Program.pdf
Keynote: Peter Hill Presentation.pptx
Kathe Kirby KEYNOTE 1.ppt
Grant O'Sullivan - Leadership Coaching for Curriculum Leaders.ppt
Grant O'Sullivan COACHING in ACTION 2 Friday 8.55am.pptx
Grant O'Sullivan COACHING in ACTION 3 Friday 3.10pm.ppt
Grant O'Sullivan - Leadership Coaching for Principals Friday 6 Aug 1.30pm.ppt
Katie Weir - Assessing the Capabilities of our Millennium learners.pptx
Lindsay Williams - Global Literacy and the millenium learner in the era of an Australian English curriculum.pptx
Paul Sendziuk -Teaching History to the Millenium learner workshop.ppt