The Australian Curriculum is to be implemented by the beginning of 2013 in the Learning Areas of English, Mathematics, Science and History. In order to assist schools an audit tool has been developed. This tool is part of AISSA’s implementation strategy for the Australian Curriculum.
Schools involved in the Mapping Project in 2010 found the tool a valuable entry point for familiarisation and discussion of the Australian Curriculum. The tool has been updated and revised based on the final version (1.1) of the Australian Curriculum and on feedback from trial schools.
The development of an implementation plan should be a priority for your school. At the end of the tool is a suggested proforma which highlights the need to consider timelines, tasks and personnel.
The 2010 Mapping the Curriculum Project developed a set of Guiding Principles for Effective Implementation -Click Here. This may assist you in your planning. The entire Mapping the Australian Curriculum Project Report can be dowloaded below.
- Australian Curriculum Professional Learning
- Australian Curriculum School-based Projects / Programs
- ENGLISH AUDIT TOOL
- HISTORY AUDIT TOOL
- MATHEMATICS AUDIT TOOL
- SCIENCE AUDIT TOOL
- TEACHING WITH THE AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM
Australian Curriculum Professional Learning
- Enhancing Student Learning in English & Mathematics through Technology
- Enriching Mathematical Understanding & Learning through a Focus on the General Capabilities
- Technology - iPads & their Applications in Classroom Context
- Critical and Creative Thinking: Primary Teachers
- Critical and Creative Thinking: Secondary Teachers
- Liiteracies of the Australian Curriculum: History R-7
- My Learning, My Teaching and the Australian Curriculum: English
- Getting to the Heart of the Australian Curriculum: English R-2
- Getting to the Heart of the Australian Curriculum:: English 3-6
- Getting to the Heart of the Australian Curriculum:: English 7-10
Australian Curriculum School-based Projects / Programs
ENGLISH AUDIT TOOL
HISTORY AUDIT TOOL
MATHEMATICS AUDIT TOOL
SCIENCE AUDIT TOOL
TEACHING WITH THE AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM
Hub Group presentations for Primary and Secondary Teachers and Leaders held in September 2011.
English - Pamela Murphy, Snr Project Officer English ACARA.pdf
History - Dr Tony Taylor, Monash Uni and AC History writer.pdf
Mathematics - Margaret Bigelow, Snr Project Officer Maths ACARA.pdf
Science - Melanie Isaacs, Snr Project Officer Science ACARA.pdf