Welcome to The Australian Curriculum V7.1
Welcome to The Australian Curriculum: Support and Resources
Phase One of the Australian Curriculum was to be implemented by the end of 2013 in the Learning Areas of English, Mathematics, Science and History. Professional Learning workshops and resources to assist Principals and Schools have been developed to support schools. Further advice, support and resources will be added as Updates. This initiative is part of AISSA’s implementation strategy for the Australian Curriculum.
Update to Australian Curriculum website from ACARA August 2014
Version 7.1 of the Australian Curriculum website was released on August 27 with some new features and iconography.
- New icons for each general capability and for most cross-curriculum priorities
- Revised identification of general capabilities for Phase 1 subjects, and new identification Phase 2 and Phase 3 subjects: General capabilities are now identified in content descriptions as well as in content elaborations for all subjects.
- Updated cross-curriculum priority links for English, mathematics, science and history: This only applies to Phase 1 subjects at this stage.
- Improved navigation panel in the Curriculum page
Visit the Australian Curriculum website for more information.
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING WORKSHOPS
Janet Farrall, Senior Educational Consultant, and Marg Taylor, AISSA Consultant are available to offer you and your Leadership team in-school advice and support on leading the implementation of the Australian Curriculum. This assistance is free. Professional Learning options have been developed which you can access and/or tailor to your school’s individual needs.
Professional Learning Options available:
• Achievement Standards, Moderation and Assessment Task Design
• Critical, Creative and Reflective thinking
• Gifted and Talented Education
• Learning and Teaching Unit Design
• Mapping the General Capabilities
• Multi-age Classes
• Teaching History
• The General Capabilities
• Developing Rubrics for the Australian Curriculum
New Australian Curriculum Resources 2014
Please note that AISSA does not endorse external workshops nor does AISSA have any responsibility for their content.
Assessment, Moderation and Reporting
The following documents have been added to Support and Resources / Assessment, Moderation and Reporting
Learning Area Audit Tools
Audit tools for The Arts (Dance, Drama, Media Arts, Music, Visual Arts) have been added recently.
Resources for the Thinking General Capability
This new page has been created to publish and share Teaching Units based on various curriculum models, for example, Bloom's Taxonomy. These resources may be used freely but with acknowledgement.
A new Australian Curriculum Unit template that incorporates academic vocabulary has been added to the list of available templates in Support and Resources.