16th June, 2018 @ 9:00 am
16/06/2018 - 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Preparing for State 1 Workshop B
Professional Writing: Written Statements and Annotations
The AISSA Teacher Certification Workshops are for teachers who currently teach in an AISSA member school and have started to prepare their Stage 1 Collection of Evidence with the intention of applying for Teacher Certification at the Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher career stage in 2018 or early 2019 and have submitted their Expression of Interest form to AISSA.
This Workshop B – Professional Writing is for teachers who have attended the one of the initial Teacher Certification Workshops in 2016 – 2018 and are able to bring with them evidence artefacts and/or sets from their own professional practice that reflect the Highly Accomplished or Lead teacher career stage.
The purpose of the workshop is to specifically engage with the professional writing requirements for an applicant in preparing their Stage 1 Evidence Collection:
- Written statement
- Lead initiative (Lead only)
- Effective annotations that demonstrate the applicant’s thinking on why and how the artefacts submitted address the descriptors and show impact on student outcomes and/or colleagues practice
Trained Assessors and certified HA and Lead Teachers will present at the workshop.
Familiarity with the following documents which can be found on the AISSA and/or AITSL websites will be assumed:
- Guide to Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers in South Australia 2017
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers,
- AITSL Certification Documentary Evidence Supplement: Highly Accomplished or Lead
- AITSL Classroom Practice Continuum and Looking at Classroom Practice Resource Guide
For further details contact AISSA Senior Educational Consultant Mary Pickett.